Monday, June 9, 2008

Customer Service Concerns, Part Two

What you see on the screen is not always what you get on the Blog!
I am sorry I cut off half the article I just posted. This is the second
half by Howard Partridge. I hope you get it all this time!
Thanks for reading with me,

Once she had said everything she wanted to say, I said "Ms. Lee, that was (Name of Tech) that was at your home. Not only does our company do thorough background checks on every person we hire, (Name of Tech) has been with us for about 4 years. This would be completely out of his character. In fact, his wife and his son both work for our company and they are personal friends of mine. I know other people that know them as well. We know the personal side of their life very intimately, so this would be totally out of character, but let me do this...Let me talk with (Name of Tech) to see if there is anything he saw that may give us any insight."

I called my guy and asked him about his visit and anything that he saw. I asked what his impression of the son was, etc.

After talking with my guy, I called the client back and said, "Ms. Lee, I talked with my guy, and he didn't see anything that would give us any clues. Would you please let us know if there is anything else we can do. If you find your earrings, please let us know.

About two weeks later she called to let us know she found her earrings and booked the job with us.

A few years ago, we had a client that filed a police report on some things that were missing, and only because our guys were among many of the service people in that home, the undercover officers came to interview my guys.

After the interview, they said "We know your guys didn't have anything to do with it because of the body language that your guys are displaying. We have been doing this for many years, and can tell when someone has something to hide. These guys are clean as a whistle!"

So, if you are accused, don't get defensive, simply listen carefully, promise to talk to the parties involved, respond quickly, and invite any future feedback.

.......................................................................................................................................
Howard Partridge built his carpet cleaning company from the trunk of his car into a $2 million per year organization. His thirteen truck company is one of the most respected high end residential firms in the country. He is the president of Phenomenal Products, Inc., which offers proven business solutions to the carpet cleaning industry. He co-authored the
FAST TRACK Business System for carpet cleaners with Bridgepoint Systems.

No comments: